Digital Marketing Strategy
A digital marketing strategy is a series of actions that help in achieving the goals of your company. Nobody starts a business today without a digital marketing strategy. The reason for this is that digital marketing should be the focal point of any marketing strategy for any business today, whatever its size. Creating an online presence is very important for every company, big or small. Earlier, it was difficult for small-medium enterprises to challenge large companies. But now with the help of digital marketing, even small and medium enterprises can stay one step ahead of their big enterprises. It is not easy; small and medium enterprises should always know what their main objective is and understand the key goals of the company. Small and medium enterprises should have a good digital marketing strategy to provide a foundation for an organized and well planned marketing.
How to Make Plan your Own Business?
So, let’s take a look at how to get started with digital marketing s Plan your business operations
1. Analysis- The first step in making your plan is to analyze the current state of your company. An effective online marketing plan always starts with a research phase.
- What products and services do we provide? What is the unique selling proposition of the company?
- What have we done so far in our online marketing and what results have we achieved with it? What people are saying about us
- How is our website? Are there aspects we need to improve?
- What is the competition company doing? How do our brands compare and what can we learn from them?
2. Objectives- First step to creating success or failure of the digital marketing strategy is to establish your objectives and goals. Based on these criteria, the specific objective will depend on each brand and its position. Include as many objectives as necessary in your plan, but always ensure that they complement each other and do not have opposite trajectories.
Some examples of common features of a digital marketing plan are:
- Increase brand awareness among the target audience.
- Launch a new product or service.
- Improve return on investment (ROI).
- Expand market share in relation to competition.
- Increase company profits.
- Attract new customers.
- Loyalty to existing customers.
- Increase sales.
3. Buyer persona- A buyer persona is made up of detailed information related to your target customer. Without a buyer persona, your digital marketing plan will not have a clear direction. The best thing about the buyer person is that it has all the necessary, actionable information needed to create high-converting marketing content. Once you create a proper buyer personality, all your messages and imagery, along with your offer, can be directed towards this group of viewers.
Set the reach of your business. Target the appropriate target of the customers and gain their trust. The buyer is a portrait of our ideal customer, helping to focus on your product and service offering and directing all segmentation of the brand.
A buyer person must include:
- Demographic information: age, sex, occupation, income level, place of residence.
- User online and work behavior.
- Customers have a current relationship with your brand
- What are their aspirations and needs in relation to the brand?
4. Content Plan – A good plan should outline what kind of content you are going to create and how you are going to distribute it between your goals. You can define various formats and create a content calendar that helps in planning. When it comes to creating content, I recommend that you align it only to both the buyer personality you have defined and the different stages of consideration. The more advanced the user is in the conversion funnel, the more specific and focused content should be
5.Choosing the Right Digital Marketing Channels- Here you can tell about choosing the right digital marketing channel that goes with your business objectives. Review your current digital marketing channels and decide which channels to keep and whether you want to invest in someone new. It depends on where your customers are and the time you have available. Clearly articulate what each digital channel is trying to achieve. Your content can only stand out from the rest when you choose the right digital marketing channel to distribute it.
The major digital marketing channels include:
- Pay-per-click or PPC [Google Ads, Bing Ads, etc]
- Social media [Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Linkedin,Twitter, etc]
- Blogging [WordPress, Medium, etc]
- Search Engine Optimization [Google, Bing, etc]
- Display Networks [Google Display Network, Facebook Audience Network, etc]
6. Set a Proper Marketing Budget– When you identify the state of your budget and how much you have, you can focus on working with marketing channels that let you work on it. try to stay within your budget and maximize it. Look at the historical data of what you have done before (for example, has a particular channel brought you quality leads at a low cost?)
If a certain element of your paid promotional strategy is not bringing the results you want, then revisit it, and invest the allocated budget figure in the channel that brings the best results for you.
7. KPI and Measurement Strategy- Now that you have your objectives, you are going to “translate” them into major matrices or KPIs. For each key metric, set a monthly goal, and with the periodicity that makes the most sense for your plan and what you will control to make sure you are on the right track .
If you want more help in implementing your digital marketing strategy? Get in touch with us at jsmdigitalservices and see how we can help you.